As a Configuration Management Specialist (Lead) on our Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoD OIG) team you will collaborate with DoD OIG personnel to oversee our portfolio of systems – ensuring quality, performance, and efficiencies are realized. The DoD OIG keeps the Secretary of Defense and the Congress fully and currently informed of fraud, waste, abuse, and deficiencies. You will be part of a team operating as an MSP, to supply holistic IT support to the DoD OIG.
This program Primarily supports the Defense Case Activity Tracking System, Enterprise (D-CATSe). D-CATSe is the authoritative case management system of the DoD OIG for administrative investigations. The application offers a central point of management for DoD OIG Hotline, Investigations of Senior Officials, and Whistleblower Reprisal Investigations business units, from first contact through case closure.
Responsible for configuration management planning. Describes provisions for configuration identification, change control, configuration status accounting and configuration audits. Responsible for configuration planning. Identifies and maintains the original configuration of requirements documentation, design documentation, software, and related documentation. Responsible for configuration change control. Regulates the change process so that only approved and validated changes are incorporated into product documents and related software. Responsible for configuration status accounting. Tracks all problems and changes in product documents and software and reports changes and current configuration. Responsible for configuration audits. Supports audits to verify that requirements of all baselines have been met by the as-built software. Supports software quality assurance process audits. Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Create and maintain configuration baselines supporting developmental and operational systems. Recommend CM tools and implement CM policies and procedures. Develop and modify CM plans, policies, and procedures tailored to support developmental or operational systems.
- Establish formal software development, code control, and build processes for major and minor (patches) releases and full integration. Establish and maintain documentation to include, but not limited to, system and application versioning and changelogs.
- Establish and maintain a Configuration Control Plan, adhering to configuration control standards for any changes. Identify and track changes and update system and design documentation within 15 days of changes being implemented.
- Coordinate deployment plans with DoD OIG and system user communities.
- Build and provide Technical Data Packages for supported systems bi-annually.
- BA/BS with at least 10 years of Configuration Management experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft technologies, to include but not limited to Dynamics Customer Relationship Management, SharePoint, SQL, Identity Management, Systems Center Operations Manager, and Exchange.
- DoD 8570 certified at IAT or IAM Level I
- Must have an active Secret Security Clearance.
- Previous experience working for the DoD IG
- Knowledge of the Defense Case Activity Tracking System, Enterprise
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 10-15 pounds at times.