As a Computer Security Systems Specialist (Lead) on our Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoD OIG) team you will collaborate with DoD OIG personnel to oversee our portfolio of systems – ensuring quality, performance, and efficiencies are realized. The DoD OIG keeps the Secretary of Defense and the Congress fully and currently informed of fraud, waste, abuse, and deficiencies. You will be part of a team operating as an MSP, to supply holistic IT support to the DoD OIG.
This program Primarily supports the Defense Case Activity Tracking System, Enterprise (D-CATSe). D-CATSe is the authoritative case management system of the DoD OIG for administrative investigations. The application offers a central point of management for DoD OIG Hotline, Investigations of Senior Officials, and Whistleblower Reprisal Investigations business units, from first contact through case closure.
Computer Security Systems Specialist (Lead): Analyzes and defines security requirements for Multilevel Security (MLS) issues. Designs, develops, engineers, and implements solutions to MLS requirements. Responsible for the implementation and development of the MLS. Gathers and organizes technical information about an organization's mission goals and needs, existing security products, and ongoing programs in the MLS arena. Performs risk analyses which also includes risk assessment. Provides daily supervision and direction to staff. Provides technical support for secure software development and integration tasks, including reviewing work products for correctness and adhering to the design concept and to user standards. Knowledgeable of Security/Information Assurance (IA) products such as PKI, VPN, firewalls, and intrusion detection systems. Analyzes and recommends resolution of security/IA problems based on knowledge of the major IA products and services, an understanding of their limitations, and knowledge of the IA disciplines. Provides daily supervision and direction to staff. Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Provide feedback to development and test teams of environmental or security changes that need to be accounted for.
- Implement mechanisms to provide the capability to preserve, protect, detect, react, revise and recover from threats, intrusions and denial of services. The procedures/mechanisms shall be implemented to adequately protect network, server, mobile devices, workstations, communication security and physical facilities.
- BA/BS in a technical discipline with at least 10 years of Systems Security experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft technologies, to include but not limited to Dynamics Customer Relationship Management, SharePoint, SQL, Identity Management, Systems Center Operations Manager, and Exchange.
- Be familiar with National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), DoD Instructions, and Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) issued guidance.
- DoD 8570 certified at IAT or IAM Level III
- Prolonged periods setting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 10-15 pounds at times.
- Must have an active Secret Security Clearance.
- Previous experience working for the DoD IG
- Knowledge of the Defense Case Activity Tracking System, Enterprise
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 10-15 pounds at times.