As the Migration and Adoption Tech Lead on our Defense Innovation Unit (DIU) Pilot Training Transformation (PTT) team you will collaborate to assure the program’s mission to support our Cloud Teams with enterprise architecture, cloud, and infrastructure engineering.
This program provides the support required for maintaining, modifying and enhancing all Defense Innovation Unit (DIU) Pilot Training Transformation (PTT) cloud applications, data warehouse, and analytics.
Location: Telework Available
The Migration and Adoption Tech Lead will own strategy, architecture, and delivery of cloud solutions for the customer. The Migration and Adoption Tech Lead will work closely with Cloud Services Lead Architect.
Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Drive and be accountable for technical direction and delivery on client engagements.
- Mentor and coach team members to help them grow and perform their best
- Own technical strategy and development
- Be vocal and visible leader in the Industry
- Understand and uncover technical requirements from our end-user.
- Translate technical requirements for our development teams to action.
- Work with our scrum teams to architect secure, highly automated solutions that scale.
- Become a SME in our ever-changing enterprise toolchain.
- Drive focused initiatives that improve operational efficiency and scalability of the platform and applications.
- Build a near and long-term technical product roadmap.
- Be the primary technical liaison between our customer and our internal development teams.
- Lead our development team and support the Cloud Service Lead Architect.
- Assist our customer with unique tasks to include migration of client apps to our modern, secure development and deployment pipeline.
- Develop and own our customer delivery process to ensure seamless deployment of new capability
- Proven experience with Agile practices, methodologies (Sprint planning, Daily Scrums, Backlog grooming, and updating artifacts to ensure work is tracked appropriately) and Atlassian Products (Jira, Confluence, Service Desk).
- Strong conceptualization abilities, detailed oriented, critical/analytical thinking & troubleshooting skills with the ability to work independently and deliver consistent results to difficult problems.
- Strong team player with a desire to learn by collaborating with peers and other DevOps teams.
- Effective organization and communication skills, both written and verbal to the extent of communicating technical issues to non-technical stakeholders eloquently.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field with 5 – 10 years of experience.
- Experience with Enterprise Architecture and large scale cloud based application
- Expertise in web services, microservice architecture and Application Programming Interfaces
- Expertise in decomposing application components and leveraging cloud technologies
- Expertise in solving disparate business problems by delivering cohesive technology solutions
- Experience working in one or multiple areas, but with the versatility to grow in other areas:
- Cloud enabled/cloud native solutions
- Advanced Analytics
- Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence/Robotic Process Automation
- User Experience
- US Citizen
- Ability to obtain a Clearance
- Google Certified Professional Cloud Architect or Professional Cloud Developer
- CISSP or Security+
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift 10-15 pounds at times.