As the Cloud Services Lead Architect on our Defense Innovation Unit (DIU) Pilot Training Transformation (PTT) team you will collaborate to assure the program’s mission to be the primary technical liaison between our customers and our development teams. In this role, you will uncover and translate customer requirements, develop technical product roadmaps, own our product delivery process and engineer/architect technical solutions across a host of unique product-lines including cloud-based environments, platforms, and CI/CD platform.
This program provides the support required for maintaining, modifying and enhancing all Defense Innovation Unit (DIU) Pilot Training Transformation (PTT) cloud applications, data warehouse, and analytics.
Location: Telework Available
The Cloud Services Lead Architect will be the primary technical liaison and should able to suggest ways to improve efficiency of processes and software.
Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and coordinate cloud architecture across diverse areas including application development, identity and access management, network and data management, and security
- Guides solution technical architecture and investments using GCP roadmaps; maximizes alignment and ease of adoption as new services and products as they become available
- Drive deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- Provide high level cost and resource estimates for Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Software as Service (SaaS) offerings
- Use standardized process for mapping business needs to available cloud technology options, including assessment of risks and possible mitigations
- Adopt a wholistic approach that considers operational and support concerns, with a strong preference towards designing for reliability via available tools and approaches (e.g., automation, monitoring)
- Act as a trusted advisor to clients; ensures the efficiency of cloud requests and manage customer driven, cloud projects; create Cloud documentation of technical implementation plans; represent Cloud Operations to all stakeholders
- Map user and application requirements in order to provide system and integration guidance to a team of cloud-certified engineers.
- Contribute extensive knowledge of modern software development techniques and technology to design services that leverage leading technologies and architecture to produce services that meet customers’ demands.
- Responsible for implementing, managing, and monitoring the environment and deployments IAW DoD Business Enterprise Architecture (BEA) requirements. This includes the design and development of an automated DevSecOps Pipeline, CI/CD support infrastructure, and Data Validation Pipeline.
- Testing and implementation plans shall accompany all architectural designs.
- Manage the complete life cycle for all components with expert knowledge of technical design alternatives, including Open Source, and their implications by guiding the development teams in overall application technical design activities.
- Ensure solutions are developed and packaged in an easily consumable and repeatable way for customers and internal teams including solutions architecture, professional services, and support
- Ability to build and deliver complex keynote presentations, demos and messaging to an industry leading level
- Proven ability to adapt to new technologies and quickly establish credibility across a large number of technologies and industries
- Proven experience with Agile practices, methodologies (Sprint planning, Daily Scrums, Backlog grooming, and updating artifacts to ensure work is tracked appropriately) and Atlassian Products (Jira, Confluence, Service Desk).
- Strong conceptualization abilities, detailed oriented, critical/analytical thinking & troubleshooting skills with the ability to work independently and deliver consistent results to difficult problems.
- Strong team player with a desire to learn by collaborating with peers and other DevOps teams.
- Effective organization and communication skills, both written and verbal to the extent of communicating technical issues to non-technical stakeholders eloquently.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering, or a related field with 8 to 10 years of experience.
- Have PM Experience
- Proven experience working with a hybrid team
- Proven experience in supporting cloud solutions across PaaS and IaaS platforms for cloud services, App Insights, Log analytics, and other 3rd party software’s
- Working knowledge of networking concepts (DNS/DHCP/Firewalls/Sub-netting, etc.).
- Analytic ability to discover and champion creative technical solutions
- Working knowledge of IATT, ATO process, and DoD Federal Requirements
- Knowledgeable with Google Cloud Platform.
- U.S. citizen
- Ability to obtain a Clearance
- Google Certified Professional Cloud Architect
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift 10-15 pounds at times