Establishes system information requirements using analysis of the information engineer(s) in the development of enterprise-wide or large-scale information systems. Determines and identifies high level functional and technical requirements based on interactions with the user community and knowledge of the enterprise architecture. Designs architecture to include the software, hardware, and communications to support the total requirements as well as provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces. Identifies, assesses, and presents options for meeting the functional and technical requirements including hardware and software updates or upgrades. Responsible for developing high level system design diagrams. Ensures these systems are compatible and in compliance with the standards for open systems architectures, the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) and International Standards Organization (ISO) reference models, and profiles of standards - such as Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) Open Systems Environment (OSE) reference model - as they apply to the implementation and specification of Information Management (IM) solution of the application platform, across the application program interface (API), and the external environment/software application. Ensures that the common operating environment is compliant. Evaluates analytically and systematically problems of workflows, organization and planning and develops appropriate corrective action. Provides daily supervision and direction to staff.
Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Identify and analyze design issues; consider design alternatives and present a recommended solution.
- Integrate the work of the system design, development, testing, and C&A teams to provide an integrated and coherent approach to deployment.
- Determine the necessary attributes for successful system deployment and develop and coordinate detailed implementation plans for each system deployment or modification.
- Develop design documents that serve as the basis of all staging, configuration and testing efforts. Support a design review session to validate the design information. Ensure system stability and provide orientation, knowledge transfer and technical consulting services.
- Develop comprehensive unclassified architectures to include sub-functional systems and partner network interfaces to include Architecture Views, Diagrams, and Artifacts.
- Design, develop, test, install and document all currently deployed changes to the system Baseline Configuration in accordance with the Implementation Plan. The system will expand upon current capabilities and provide scalability for future growth.
- Provide cost estimates and/or benefits of current and alternate system design implementation, identifying required artifacts and advising the DoD OIG accordingly.
- MA/MS in a technical discipline with at least 15 years of Systems Architect experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft technologies, to include but not limited to Dynamics Customer Relationship Management, SharePoint, SQL, Identity Management, Systems Center Operations Manager, and Exchange.
- DoD 8570 certified at IAT or IAM Level II
- Prolonged periods setting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 10-15 pounds at times.
- Must have an active Secret Security Clearance.
- Previous experience working for the DoD IG
- Knowledge of the Defense Case Activity Tracking System, Enterprise
WE BUILD YOU POWER.
We’re always interested in getting to know talented people. If you feel you are a good fit for the company but don’t see a career match above, join our talent network so we can connect with you!