Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct and document results of Section 508 tests for compliance with the accessibility standards under Section 508 and industry best practices
- Interpret the Government Section 508 Accessibility requirements, WCAG 2.0 requirements and develop test procedures and accessibility testing concepts
- Coordinate and prioritize 508 Compliance testing activities with multiple development teams and software projects
- Assess, analyze, and identify areas of concern for Section 508 non-compliance of products
- Identifies, records, communicates and helps manage specific 508 defects to resolution
- Write test report documentation that is clear and easy to consume by both technical and non‐technical audience
- Provides policy and process support to the entire project team to develop, maintain, and improve our compliance with the federal government's Section 508 program
- Be the go-to resource for compliance with Section 508 Laws and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and ensure compliance, ease, efficiency, and effectiveness to use for specific audiences
- Develop compliance checklists, plans, and remediation actions as well as provide advice on mitigating or resolving issues
- Participates in meetings as required
- Contribute to Requirements review and user story creation
- To become a Trusted Tester an individual must complete the DHS Trusted Tester online training course requirements and pass the DHS Section 508 Trusted Tester Certification Exam.
- Experience with specific tools that facilitate Section 508 testing.
- Experience with 508 Compliance test scripts and reporting of test results
- Experience with 508 Compliance testing of web software applications
- Must have the ability to independently troubleshoot software 508 Compliance issues
- Experience with standard 508 testing tools (ie JAWS, Web Accessibility Tool Bar, Inspect. Etc.)
- Understanding of the formal software development process and quality assurance standards
- Business and technical communication skills including the following: Email, documentation, presentation, Virtual, Telephone
- Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts
- Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer science, information systems, or engineering fields of study
- Relevant programming certifications
- ITIL Foundations
At NTC I work as a software developer supporting AI and machine learning projects that encompass computer vision, natural language processing, and other domains. I enjoy coming to work because each and every day there are new and interesting problems to solve.
NTC’s close-knit team of developers and data scientists each brings their own unique set of skills to the table which works well when solving problems and challenging one and others thoughts and ideas. Oh, and we also are a lot of fun!
ZACH M. Software Developer
WE BUILD YOU POWER.
We’re always interested in getting to know talented people. If you feel you are a good fit for the company but don’t see a career match above, join our talent network so we can connect with you!