The candidate will be part of a small team operating from Japan or Germany. Each team provides service delivery support 8 hours per day (Monday through Friday) as part of a world-wide support system. The candidate will respond to user requests for assistance in using applications for family housing and barracks operations. The candidate will also provide functional answers for using the system, adherence to DoD housing policies, and military housing operations. The candidate will be responsible for logging and tracking calls for assistance ensuring that the issue is resolved. The candidate is also responsible for managing the user accounts using the common access card authentication procedures.
Good public speaking skills are a must and the candidate must be comfortable with teaching in a classroom setting. The candidate will provide housing data integrity services and data integration for new requirements such as furnishings description standardization, and periodic develop reports as directed.
Approximately eight weeks per year will be required for travel to support housing offices in the designated (Asian/European) theater for revisits and new deployments.
Relocation assistance, housing allowance, and cost of living adjustment allowance is provided. This position qualifies for the Japan and Germany sStatus of Forces Agreements (SOFAs), providing DoD installation privileges including use of the military base stores and facilities.
A minimum of a two-year assignment is required, however longer-term employment can be negotiated at the end of the term.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Secret Clearance (interim) obtained within 6 months of hire
- Bachelor’s Degree with 2 years of directly related work experience including teaching, public affairs, Help Desk, software trainer, etc.
- Willingness and ability to travel and live overseas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
Demonstrated experience and ability in the following areas is preferred but not required:
- Experience in DoD Housing regulations, processes, and procedures
- IT or job-related degree
- 2 years of experience supporting an IT Help Desk
- Experience using Ad Hoc report building tools
- Previous training in DoD Information Assurance and Personal Identify Information
- Previous experience living and working overseas preferably in Japan, Korea, Germany, or Italy
- Database and reporting experience
- CompTia Security Plus Certification
- Knowledge of military terminology and DoD overseas housing and processes
- Active Security Clearance (Secret)
- Driver’s License
At NTC I work as a software developer supporting AI and machine learning projects that encompass computer vision, natural language processing, and other domains. I enjoy coming to work because each and every day there are new and interesting problems to solve.
NTC’s close-knit team of developers and data scientists each brings their own unique set of skills to the table which works well when solving problems and challenging one and others thoughts and ideas. Oh, and we also are a lot of fun!
ZACH M. Software Developer
WE BUILD YOU POWER.
We’re always interested in getting to know talented people. If you feel you are a good fit for the company but don’t see a career match above, join our talent network so we can connect with you!