And… Why We’re Both Here - This “Job” Thing
Here it is: we have some opportunities. And we’d like to get to know some more amazing people, that might want to talk about that. People like you. Since you’re reading this, we’re thinking you might be a little interested. Very cool.
Software Engineers and Developers form the backbone of our approach - without you, we fail. It’s pretty straightforward. We’re looking for thoughtful, creative engineers who take joy in taking something from concept to reality. Creators who love technology. Our environment’s built for you: a collaborative, test driven, paired programming environment (we like to learn from each other), with the best tools we can deploy. Joel Spolsky would approve. We hope you do too.
Our customer has a critical national security mission that requires highly talented and innovative software development teams to provide cutting-edge tools to support their mission.
You will be working in a team of teams developing test plans, verifying and validating the results of unit tests conducted by other teams, and ensuring interoperability between services.
Who You Are
Okay, beyond the basics (you solve problems, and are generally nice), we’re looking for a few skills. Less concerned with the specific technologies (great developers can learn new tech as it emerges), more about horsepower.. That said, here are a couple bullets, things we look for:
- You write, transform, and extend code. Sometimes you dream about it.
- Know your way around DevOps orchestration tools.
- You have plenty of experience automating test procedures.
- You have worked with government accredidation specialists to test security-related features early and often.
It would be great if you had some (or even all) of these skills:
- Three years of experience in test-driven development, including development of scripts for automated testing of Representational State Transfer (REST) and Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) based services.
- Experience with traditional, Agile, and DevOps development practices and associated testing strategies, including test-driven development
- Bachelor’s degree plus five years of experience or Masters plus three years of experience in software development – including JAVA and Python.
- Experience with test management and defect tracking tools such as Cucumber
- Demonstrated knowledge of NGA software accreditation procedures.
At NTC I work as a software developer supporting AI and machine learning projects that encompass computer vision, natural language processing, and other domains. I enjoy coming to work because each and every day there are new and interesting problems to solve.
NTC’s close-knit team of developers and data scientists each brings their own unique set of skills to the table which works well when solving problems and challenging one and others thoughts and ideas. Oh, and we also are a lot of fun!
ZACH M. Software Developer
WE BUILD YOU POWER.
We’re always interested in getting to know talented people. If you feel you are a good fit for the company but don’t see a career match above, join our talent network so we can connect with you!