And… Why We’re Both Here - This “Job” Thing
Here it is: we have some opportunities. And we’d like to get to know some more amazing people, that might want to talk about that. People like you. Since you’re reading this, and the title’s “software engineer”, we’re thinking you might be a little interested. Very cool.
Software Engineers form the backbone of our approach - without you, we fail. It’s pretty straightforward. We’re looking for thoughtful, creative engineers who take joy in taking something from concept to reality. Creators who love technology. Our environment’s built for you: a collaborative, test driven, paired programming environment (we like to learn from each other), with the best tools we can deploy. Joel Spolsky would approve. We hope you do too.
Who You Are
Okay, beyond the basics (you solve problems, and are generally nice), we’re looking for a few skills. Less concerned with the specific technologies (great developers can learn new tech as it emerges), more about horsepower.. That said, here are a couple bullets, things we look for:
- An active TS/SCI clearance or higher...this is a MUST HAVE
- 4 years experience with full stack development
- 3 years with agile, some experience as a scrum or team lead
- Customized code, script, module, and macro procedure development - Python, Java, PHP, C, Pro*C, or similar
Some helpful education, skills, and certs:
- BS or equivalent in a technical discipline
- Experience with Commerical-Off-The Shelf (COTS) geospatial software customization
- Specialized software development experience
- Experience with geospatial tools like Boundless Spatial suite, Remote View, PostGRES, ArcGIS Desktop, etc.
At NTC I work as a software developer supporting AI and machine learning projects that encompass computer vision, natural language processing, and other domains. I enjoy coming to work because each and every day there are new and interesting problems to solve.
NTC’s close-knit team of developers and data scientists each brings their own unique set of skills to the table which works well when solving problems and challenging one and others thoughts and ideas. Oh, and we also are a lot of fun!
ZACH M. Software Developer
WE BUILD YOU POWER.
We’re always interested in getting to know talented people. If you feel you are a good fit for the company but don’t see a career match above, join our talent network so we can connect with you!