- Review government contractual documents and collaborate with project managers to ensure accuracy of contract line items, project labor categories, subcontracting, line item ceilings, service contract act requirements, and billing and invoicing provisions for various contract types (CPFF, T&M, FFP, and LOE).
- Review and reconcile all client invoices to facilitate accurate and timely billing and prompt collection. Validate billing system invoice calculation and application of caps, fees and indirect rates as needed. Resolve complex invoicing issues that arise due to unique billing requirements, project adjustments, or system issues.
- Perform monthly reconciliations of billed and unbilled receivables.
- Prepare monthly project summary reports and budget trackers, identifying discrepancies or concerns for operations managers.
- Engage and assist operations managers in resolving unusual variances, assist with effective project planning and understanding profit drivers.
- Make recommendations to improve the efficiency, usefulness and effectiveness of project accounting, billing, accounts receivable functions and internal controls.
- Coordinate and prepare necessary audit schedules for all external audits.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual compliance reports for bank and DCAA.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Assist with other projects as needed
- Position requires a minimum of 3-5 years of progressive invoicing/project accounting experience within the government contracting industry; additionally, and understanding of Unanet and Costpoint.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance, Business or related discipline
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to interact with employees and clients in a professional manner.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- US Citizen
At NTC I work as a software developer supporting AI and machine learning projects that encompass computer vision, natural language processing, and other domains. I enjoy coming to work because each and every day there are new and interesting problems to solve.
NTC’s close-knit team of developers and data scientists each brings their own unique set of skills to the table which works well when solving problems and challenging one and others thoughts and ideas. Oh, and we also are a lot of fun!
ZACH M. Software Developer
WE BUILD YOU POWER.
We’re always interested in getting to know talented people. If you feel you are a good fit for the company but don’t see a career match above, join our talent network so we can connect with you!