As a component of the U.S. Department of Defense’s Chemical and Biological Defense Program, the JPEO-CBRND protects the entire Joint Force – Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, and First Responders – through the advanced development of CBRN defense capabilities that enable our Warfighters to fight and win in a CBRN-contested environment.
- Expands the JPEO-CBRND base through increased access to innovators
- Agile and flexible way to develop CWMD prototypes using new and innovative technology to counter weapons of mass destruction
- Delivers low-risk, low-cost, and best-of-breed solutions
- Allows for streamlined, rapid acquisition outside of traditional FAR-based contracting
- Seamless transition from prototype to production
- Converts “Government contracting” to commercial practices